- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 3/4 cups Swanson® Chicken Broth
- (regular, Natural Goodness™ or
- Certified Organic)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup (uncooked) regular long-grain
- white rice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Orange slices
- Cook chicken in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 10 minutes or until browned. Set chicken aside.
- Add broth, orange juice, onion and rice. Heat to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat 10 minutes. Return chicken to skillet. Replace cover.
- Cook 10 minutes or until chicken is done. Stir in parsley and top with orange slices.
I tore this recipe out of a magazine years ago because it sounded interesting and easy. Easy, yes but interesting? Meh. The rice in this dish is tasty, but the chicken was kind of bland. I ate the leftover rice with leftover Orange beef from a local Chinese restaurant the next day and the two complimented each other quite nicely.
I also made a few changes. I did not have orange slices on hand and I used instant rice so it would cook faster. I also used dried parsley instead of fresh. I might adapt this to just a rice recipe and use it as a side dish in the future. Might work nicely with Trader Joe’s Mandarin Orange Chicken.